Wednesday 7 March 2018

Fisherman4

                                                                           

                                             Fisherman


I met  a fisherman my travel named Sahan. He was repairing nets when I meet him on my stroll along Pasikuda shoreline on Sri Lanka's east drift. It's the finish of the day, the angling vessels have returned and anglers are keeping an eye on their catch and trawlers. Sri Lanka lost 75% of its angling pontoons in the calamity, and the east drift was one of the hardest hit. A great deal of help cash streamed into the nation thereafter yet little appears to have advanced toward individuals like Sahan.

"My pontoon was on credit," he says. "So I worked for another person to pay it back. Not so much cash but rather more hours. It took seven years. In any case, now I have another vessel." He grins. Sahan has one of those apparently intense, climate beaten countenances, and after that his eyes diminish. "I can't bring my child or sibling back, however I needed to take care of our families."

He lives with a few relatives in a town a couple of miles away. "At any rate, I didn't lose everything," he says. "I'm fortunate. Not every person was." With that, Sahan swings to take a shot at his pontoon, his life saver, running his harsh angler's hands gladly finished its effectively weathered sides  and  goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment